A brief history
The original location of the course played on is unknown, but in 1935 the then Brighton City Council completed the current Brighton Public Golf Course at its Dendy Street site and our early members began playing there.
In 1952 those members banded together and purchased the property at 99 Glencairn Ave East Brighton which contained a modest dwelling and converted it into a Club House and upgraded the facilities. They later purchased the adjoining property at 97 which is today the car park. This gave them an independent location not relying on Council sheds/rooms to conduct their business.
The Club became the “Official Club” in residence at the Brighton Public Golf Course, a position which, despite smaller tenants, remains today and through the Club and the Golf Course is able to have official ratings and support competitions, etc. The Rooms at 99-97 Glencairn Ave have direct access to the Golf Course via the practice fairway and are today the hub of competition/social activities by offering official Australian Handicaps via a direct link to the Golf Australia handicapping system (updated within hours of the completion of play), a well-stocked bar with friendly and attentive staff, toilets, showers, etc and offering a relaxing and convivial location for golf-related post-game banter with like-minded people. An extensive array of competition types are offered, additionally, the rooms are available for social functions.